Friday, May 13, 2011

Possible pink eye: Thank you poor decision making skills

I went out last night with a girl that I met at a Meetup. I haven't seen her in a while and she's pretty awesome. We went to Blockheads (aka Benny's Burritoes if you go to the one near Union Square). After happy hour drinking of delicious red nosed bulldogs (they were out of pink lemonade), we found ourselves wandering towards the train that could take us to Brooklyn Bridge Park. It had gotten a little chilly and we decided that an outdoor event is not what we wanted to attend so we ended up at "Honey" which is kind of a bar/loungey place. I loved it. I literally fell in love with this place at first sight and sound. The music they played is what I wanted to hear and they had a drink special which was lovely. I didn't partake in the drink special and actually ended up going straight for the Long Island. This Long Island got me really hot and so I decided I didn't want to wear my glasses anymore. So without washing my hands or anything I popped my contacts in, in the middle of the bar while Kris held my drink. This was an awful decision and now my left eye is incredibly red and irritated and I really hope it doesn't end up being something worse than just redness.

Dancing and a two great Long Islands later, Kris decides that she's ready to go. That's cool, we go outside where we are greeted by a guy who wants to talk to her. They chat a bit and I decide while she's flirting, I'm going back inside. I can hear my favorite Jamaican song through the door just calling my name (I actually missed the whole song because the DJ only played a little bit and I procrastinated too long). I wish I could've bumped heads with Monica again to this song, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Kris comes back inside and I go get us drinks. I have found out at this point the Kris' birthday is on Saturday and so we're all celebratory now because who doesn't love celebrating birthdays?! (I know some people don't, but those people can keep quiet right now.) We dance, I drop half of my third Long Island and it shatters on the floor. I think Kris judged me at this point, but I hope not.

We left not too long after, it was before midnight, but Kris decided to take a cab back to Brooklyn. Myself, being a hater of cabs unless they are incredibly necessary, walked my ass to the train. Somehow got on the right train, sent random drunken text messages, fell asleep and miraculously woke up at my stop, dragged myself home, amazingly remembered to put my leftovers from happy hour eating into the fridge, took out my contacts, took a shower and passed out.

Waking up this morning really blew and I came into work two hours late.

Awesome Thursday night. I need a goddamn nap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...