Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Mark Twain

I went to my surgeon yesterday for my three month follow-up. He confirmed two things. I am doing well, and I need to work out more.

I've been pretty much saying this to myself for the past few weeks, especially at the beginning of May. I have these big dreams of actually going to the gym every day, or at least three times a week, and getting in a great work out. Alas, I am lazy and a procrastinator.

I swear yesterday I told myself that if I wasn't going to go to the gym after my doctor's appointment, I was at least going to go home and do crunches, squats and lunges. I lied to myself. I cooked for two hours and then was ready to lay in my bed and play computer games and watch tv until I inevitably passed out.

I do this a lot though. I tell myself things. "Tomorrow I'll start using the elliptical at home..." "Tomorrow I'll wake up early and do a little bit of cardio..." My most recent self lie (anticipated actually) is that I am going to wake up at 6am and work out for about a half hour to 45 minutes before I go to work. Now here's where the situation get sticky. If I do that, the whole morning routine that I've established with my parents may be thrown off, because I will most definitely need a shower before I go to work, otherwise I would feel really grody. We'll see how this goes though, I told myself I'm going to try it starting next week.

The other thing I've been saying is that I'm going to replace breakfast with a protein shake. Now this might actually be possible, except that I'd still have to wake up early to make said protein shake and I don't know how thrilled I am about that. I just need to solve my overeating problem. It's not that I'm eating shit, I'm just eating a lot. I should make this "Moderation May" like April was "Abstinence April" and actually stick to it.

All of these hopes and dreams for getting into shape. I should just lay on the floor at my job and do crunches.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...