Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'd rather be at the gym...

That's right, I said it. I would RATHER be at the gym, than sitting at work doing absolutely nothing.

I have come up against a wall, much like the one I must've spent 20 minutes staring at today. I am so bored, I literally felt like I was going to cry. I finally understand the phrase "bored to tears".

It's incredible that I can find absolutely nothing to fill up my time. I have no desire to shop. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to plan vacations (this is a whole 'nother story). It's raining so I don't want to go for an unnecessary walk outside. My mood has come to reflect the weather, just goddamn dreary with a chance of torrential downpour and no sign of respite in the future (although 5pm is finally getting MIGHTY close).

The highlight of my day today as probably been peeing. You read right, PEEING. I've been drinking a shit ton more water lately because I'm trying not to snack and so I go to the restroom about 5-6 times a day. This little break to the facilities has become the highlight of my day. Literally STANDING and WALKING down the hallway has made me feel better. What in the hell is wrong with this picture? Since when did urination become so fascinating. All I know is, I'm over it.

I just spend a few minutes staring at my computer desktop picture, dreaming of Jamaica and then getting panties-in-a-knot frustrated because I cannot possibly go to there in July and I don't even know if August is on the table anymore.

What do you do when you are so incredibly bored that gauging out your eyes seems like a viable option for some afternoon entertainment? I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow and tell her this. It's gotta stop. I HAVE TO do something, for my own sanity.

Please let the rain stop so that I can actually enjoy the hours I spend out of the office as much as I've begun to abhor the ones I spend in here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...