Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 4: Books

1. Sword of Truth (series) - Terry Goodkind
This was really one of the best series I ever read. It will forever be ingrained in my mind, and I will love the characters forever. They changed my life in a way because they made me fall back in love with reading.


2. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
I know that this is pretty much a popular choice right now with the movie and such being out, but I really did love this book. Even my dad loved it, and he doesn't really like books very much at all. You should definitely read it.

3. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
 Another one of those books that I kind of just read because everyone else was reading it, but it was really touching. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did hear it's great. It's just a beautiful story and beautifully written. I sped right through this little gem.


4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
I was never really one for court mysteries and such, and when I started reading this series, I didn't get through the first 40 pages. With a little prompting however, I hunkered down and made it through the first part of the first book and then sped my way through the next two. Really well written and suspenseful. I just love character development and the late Stieg Larsson definitely made his characters real.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...