Friday, February 10, 2012

I have returned!

I could update about how great my trip to Jamaica was (because it was, until Monday morning). I could lie and say I didn't black out every night. I can tell you that I didn't do anything really stupid (but that would also be a lie). I could say that I'm really mean sometimes, and yet too nice to the point where people know IMMEDIATELY how to take advantage of me.

Honestly, I just wish I could show you pictures of the trip. I wish I could recount all of the great memories that B and I have...but I have no pictures. Not a single one, because guess what. I was robbed. Again.

That's right. I made it all the way to Sunday night with all of my stuff. Then...a Jamaican made me angry. I pounded back the alcohol in a VERY short period of time, and I blacked out. Bad. I was obsessed with selling these three hats that I had gone to 5 different footlockers to pick up for someone, like a fool.

I kept talking about them. I thought I was going to sell them to this guy with honey eyes. He came back to the room, and the next day (when I woke up from my blackout), I had no hats. I had no phone. I had no camera. I had no watch.

No watch! I got that watch when I was 15, in 11th grade. 10 years, and gone because I can't keep from blacking out.

That last day tainted the whole trip. As soon as the Giants won the Superbowl, it went downhill from there.

So again, this trip cost me WAY more than anticipated because now I have to replace all of my belongings again. Let us remember that I replaced that camera 2 weeks ago.

I just can't get a break.

I'm glad I have my phone back so I can talk to Mo, but honestly, I was perfectly content without a phone. People just make things complicated.

In other news, Sugar is engaged and the wedding will probably be the next time I go to Jamaica.

And, I'm having surgery on Wednesday...

I don't know how I feel about the surgery right now. I'm feeling a touch selfish because there's a potential that I will be spending more money on this surgery than a person supporting a family of 4 might make in a year in this city and still be considered over the poverty line...or at least that's how I feel.

I'm sure there are a million more things I could say. In fact, maybe I will talk about my trip more, but I'll wait until I'm laying in bed post-surgery feeling like shit with nothing to do but watch tv.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...