Monday, May 20, 2013

I have a new job, and even more time on my hands

It's been a long time, blog world. I really planned on getting back to this a lot sooner. In fact, I don't even know if I'm fully back just yet because I have barely anything to talk about, but I thought - hey, while I have all of this time, I might as well start blogging again.

I guess that prompts the question "why do you have all of this time, KG?" Well blog world, I have a new job. And why do I have a new job? Because I was fired for some MAJOR bullshit after taking a three week vacation in Asia.

I'm sure there should be more detailing for both of those statements (why/how I lost my job and how was Asia). However, I'm not really at that point where I don't get bitter about the job situation and well - I don't have the mental capacity to pull the best pictures from my millions of facebook uploaded photos. That being said, I want to apologize once again to Mo for 1. Ruining her camera on day 1, and 2. Pretty much ruining our full out party chances by being a completely ridiculous blackout drunk on a Thai Island. Yes, I will tell this story at some point, but yeah, it kind of made it more difficult to Mo to relax and trust that something wasn't going to happen that would threaten our trip, again.

Goddamn I'm  being super vague in this entry, but I will get there, I promise.

So here's a rundown of what's been going on in my life.
  • After being laid off, it took about two months to start my new job. I took a $10K pay cut, which hurts my heart and I've been borrowing my money from my parents far too much.
  • We're planning on moving back into the old house after last year's fire on June 17th.
  • In the mean time, my friend Rudi, has moved to New York from Baltimore and I am temporarily housing her until she finds a new place, so we will be spending a lot of time together and even more time exploring the city looking for apartments.

Yesterday, we went to look at an apartment in Park Slope and her potential new roommate should be my new best friend. I just want to hug him and play card games and pickle things with him all the time. We did all of the tourist crap in the shitty weather for Rudi's friend who drove her up from Bmore after the Great Googa Mooga festival got canceled (honestly, thankfully because my mom and I were dragging our feet about trudging through wet park mud).

 After Times Square, we went to Katz's deli and it was brilliant. It was PACKED and I played super stalker and took pictures (covertly) of the attractive, but short-ish security guy.




We had delicious Pastrami and pickles. And then of course, we went to Big Gay Ice Cream for amazing treats.



  • I've probably been drinking too much lately, but the last two times I went out - I didn't black out. This is an amazing step in the right direction.
  • I watch TV at work - and so I've been watching a ton of hulu lately which is just...well that's my life now. I do literally NOTHING at my job, and it'll be like this for the next few months.
  • A plan for Jamaica is in the works for July, but pretty much no one can afford it right now, so that's a bummer. Oh well - we'll figure out how to make it happen.
  • I need to start exercising again because I've been eating like it's going out of style for the past 4 or 5 days. I say this as I heat up some pastrami and prepare to gorge myself on its deliciousness.
  • I've been to a lot of strip clubs lately - apparently they've become my thing. I will tell you two stories about them over the next few entries. They're pretty good and they make me happy and giggly, so I guess that all works out.
  • It's already 1pm which is a good sign. 4 more hours of doing absolutely nothing and getting paid for it.
I've decided to end this now. To Be Continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...